Earth’s Call Foundation Constitution
The board members serve a two-year term or less and can be re-elected, as Earth’s Call will review the board and make changes as required.
Act within their powers
Promote the success of the foundation
Exercise independent judgment
Exercise reasonable care, skill, and diligence
Promote the vision and mission of the foundation.
Chris Daniel - Chief Operational Officer (COO)
Chris Daniel, being a fourth generation South African from a farming background, developed a love for nature that led to the successful completion of a B.Sc. Zoology Honours degree. His passion for youth education culminated in a self-published and distributed conservation education book for kids. To date, it has been translated into 8 languages and has reached over 50000 children in 13 countries globally. He is currently a member of the SANPark Lowveld Honorary Rangers with a career background as a Game Ranger, Lodge General Manager, Sales Manager and Educator.
Jeannine Ferreira - Board member
Jeannine was appointed as the Director of Culture and Environmental awareness of the King David International Foundation with its origin in Georgia which has a sound existing investment relationship with the PDP Foundation of whom she is also a Board member.
She is the Vice Prime Minister since 2017 of the Technical Government of the Metropolis of the Jurisdiction Territories between Nistru and Prut Rivers for the Whole Slavic Diaspora of the Greek Orthodox Church.
Jeannine heads the UKA no 13 Environmental division to create awareness and maintain support and cooperation of the Traditional leaders of Africa. She is Trustee of the G4D Kingdom Trust which is the Social and Humanitarian platform throughout Africa whereby the Kingdoms are the Beneficiaries. In South Africa alone, 45 million people typically form part of one Trust structure. The constant strive to combat climate change in a sustainable way is the main objective.
Jeannine Ferreira is the owner of a few property development companies and has served and is serving on several Homeowners associations.
She is also the sole owner of Let's Trade Goods, a community/social and environmental based website and app for everyone to use but is marketed towards children.
Jeannine is an active supporter of the 6th region African Diaspora initiative. A cause which she feels very strongly about as it is part of her calling. Her involvement with UKA-A and Cido forms a platform to unite the global African Diaspora communities and to promote business ties and global partnerships with Africa with countries such as Turkey and Georgia.
Maria Engelbrecht - Board member
The energy that drives Maria is her love for God, her dedication to His service and her unfailing desire to see Africa prosper. She is wholeheartedly committed to the work she has been called to do and will see each project through to the end.
Maria is the co-founder of the United Kingdoms of Africa Association (UKA-A) alongside its founder King Tchiffi ZIE Jean-Gervais, the Secretary General Permanent of the Forum of Kings, Sultans, Sheiks and Traditional Leaders of Africa who was appointed in 2007.
Maria is an active supporter of the 6th region African Diaspora initiative that was initiated by AU. A cause which she is driving through the partnership UKA-A and Cido has established to unite the global African Diaspora communities and to promote business ties and partnerships with Africa.
Maria represents G4D Kingdom Trust on the T4D board of Directors. Maria’s involvement in T4D (Trade for Developement) is fundamental to ensure a percentage of commercial initiative profits are channeled into a structured upliftment program in every African country, as part of T4D’s humanitarian commitment.
Maria also spearheads the T4D Kingdom Relations business unit, and is the Co-founder and Trustee of the G4D Kingdom Trust/s.
Maria has also built strong International relations with countries such as Turkey, Greece, Moldova, Italy, Switzerland, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Russia and others, in the tireless efforts in striving to see lasting poverty alleviated and a people-centric, sustainable communities created across the African Continent.
Prophet Aquinas-Buntu Mfene - Board member
Prophet Aquinas-Buntu Mfene was called by God to be a Prophet in November 2005.
He then trained for seven years at the School of the Prophets called Life of Jesus Ministries under the late Bishop Caleb Makhanda and his wife Prophetess Brenda Makhanda.
The Prophet, because of his eloquence, excellent written skills, God-given wisdom and servant's heart was, from early on, placed in leadership roles by his mentors as they saw greatness in the budding youth.
Ultimately Prophet Aquinas-Buntu Mfene was appointed Vice President of POME Africa, which is the Prophetic Order of Mar Elijah, an international organization and elite company of Prophets trained and mentored under the watchful eye of His Eminence Arch-Bishop E. Bernard Jordan. A company that has been tried and tested.
Prophet Aquinas-Buntu Mfene is trained in a number of modalities which make him a remarkable vessel and tool in the hand of the Lord. He is trained in advanced Bible studies, prophecy, metaphysics, enterprise development and neuro linguistic programming, to name a few.
The Prophet has been ministering the Word of the Lord without compromise to people from all walks of life for the past 14 years; from ambassadors to business leaders, from church leaders to church members, from government officials to Kings and queens.
The Word of the Lord upon his mouth is sure, accurate and, by the grace of God, surely comes to pass.
Jeannine Ferreira - Board Member
Maria Engelbrecht - Board Member
Prophet Aquinas-Buntu Mfene - Board Member
Chief Operational Officer \ Chief Executive Officer
- Prepare for anticipated growth of Earth’s Call Foundation
- Provide overall vision and direction for the organization
- Ensure progress of Strategic Plans
- Oversees the management
- Responsible for coordinating all volunteer activities, committees and Advisory Council on behalf of the board
- Eventually recruit, manage and motivate a strong team
- Responsible for managing all activities of the non-profit on behalf of the Board of Directors
- Implement policies and procedures necessary for successful program implementation
- Propose and develop agendas for the board reflecting issues, opportunities, and priorities; present a written & oral report at all board meetings
- Serve as ad hoc member of all standing and volunteer committees
- Provide Board reports
- Develop and review annual plans and budgets for presentation to the board, in conjunction with Board Treasurer
- Ensure that expenditures are within budgeted amounts
- Oversee annual audit of Chairman & company secretary.
- Sign, cheques/approve financial documents with the company secretary. With the approval of the chairperson. All above R10 000 all directors are included.
- Prepare budget revisions as needed throughout the year
- Operational Development Committee Chairperson
Lead all efforts to expand programming in new school districts and continually recruit new school partnerships
Manage Mpumalanga based fundraising activities including developing foundations relationships, corporate sponsorships, and individual donor solicitation strategies
- Be informed about the organization's mission, services, policies, and programs.
- Review agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings.
- Serve on committees or task forces and offer to take on special assignments.
- Inform others about the organization.
- Suggest possible nominees to the board who can make significant contributions to the work of the board and the organization.
- Keep up-to-date on developments in the organization's field.
- Follow conflict-of-interest and confidentiality policies.
- Refrain from making special requests with/for the staff.
- Assist the board in carrying out its fiduciary responsibilities, such as reviewing the organization's annual financial statements.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to departments or individuals.
- Handle information requests.
- Arrange for outgoing mail and packages to be picked up.
- Prepare statistical reports.
- Manage spreadsheets.
- Greet and receive a visitor.
- Prepare confidential and sensitive documents.
- Coordinates office management activities.
- Determine matters of top priority and handle accordingly.
- Prepare an agenda for meetings.
- Takes and transcribes dictation.
- Helps prepare office budget.
- Plans events and volunteer activities.
- Maintain office procedures.
- Coordinate travel arrangements; prepares itineraries; prepares, compiles and maintains travel vouchers and records.
- Coordinate committees and task forces.
- Relay directives, instructions, and assignment to executives.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system.
Serve as the external face of Earth’s Call Foundation in the community, within schools, in philanthropic circles, and in the media to increase visibility and brand awareness.
Work with community volunteers and volunteer agencies to promote greater community involvement.
Operational Development Committee
Corporate Volunteers Committee
Social Development and Fundraising Committee
- Keeping up-to-date contact details (i.e. names, addresses and telephone numbers) for the management committee and (where relevant) ordinary members of the organization.
- Filing minutes and reports
- Compiling lists of names and addresses that are useful to the organization, including those of appropriate officials or officers of voluntary organizations.
- Keeping a record of the organization’s activities
- Keeping a diary of future activities
- Responding to all committee correspondence
- Preparing a report of the organization’s activities for the year, for the Annual General.
- General Operations Co-ordination of building teams and school-related activities.
- Management of all donated items and the distribution thereof.
- Schedule meetings and arrange conference rooms.
Jeannine Ferreira - Treasurer
- Prepare and present budgets, accounts and financial statements to the management committee
- Ensure that appropriate financial systems and controls are in place
- Ensure that record-keeping and accounts meet the conditions of funders
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
- Advise on financial implications of strategic and operational plans
- Present revised financial forecasts based on actual spend.
- Present regular reports on the organization’s financial position
- Prepare accounts for audit and liaising with the auditor, as required
- Manage bank accounts
- Set up appropriate systems for book-keeping, payments, lodgements’ & petty cash
- Ensure everyone handling money keeps proper records and documentation
- Present up to date monthly reports on school “accounts”
- Present up to date monthly reports on school expenses as per progress report.
- Allocate 10% of all income to admin cost.
The monthly admin fee, however, cannot exceed R10 000-00 per month unless otherwise negotiated.
Main Duties of Admin and Financial Committee
- Project Planning
- Execution of project plan
- Reports to Chief Executive Officer
The Try Star Global Initiatives building team is outsourced to different projects. The team members will be paid on a daily basis and the foundation billed monthly. The team will be branded by Try Star Global Initiatives. The team has a driver and a vehicle (truck). The Driver and truck will also bill the Foundation on an hourly basis. The Driver and the truck and fuel will be sponsored by Try Star Global Initiatives (Jeannine Ferreira) until further notice.
All Foundation operational staff will have their vehicles branded as the Earth’s Call Foundation & Let’s Trade Goods
Transport and petrol expenses to visit schools or Foundation related functions.
The Operational team must arrange vehicles with the COO or Foundation Secretary if needed when taking corporates to schools. Vehicles must have magnetic branded signage put on and Sponsors must be able to use the opportunity to either accompany the driver or have the access to the passenger list. Indemnity forms must be signed at all times. An Earth’s Call Foundation staff member must accompany the driver to ensure vehicle insurance stays in place.
All the other petrol expenses must be covered by the team themselves if in a 30km radius.
Cellphones: All volunteers will operate from a Wi-Fi or Whatsapp locations unless impossible or urgent. The landline must be used as often as possible or E-mail.
Development Coordinators / Facilitators
Louise Williamson - Mashesha Stoves
Jeannine Ferreira - New systems and structures
Jeannine Ferreira - Let’s Trade Goods
Jeannine Ferreira - General Fundraising / In-kind donations
Jane De Jager - Marketing of Let’s Trade Goods
Main Duties of Operational Development Committee
Execution of project plan
Reports to Chief Executive Officer
Lizelle Grobler - Let’s Trade Goods
Suzette Surnames - Let’s Trade Goods
Louise Williamson - Let’s Trade Goods & Mashesha Stoves
Bheki Nyalunga - Let’s Trade Goods
Allet Kinnear - Let’s Trade Goods
Main Duties of Corporate Committee
Operational rolling out of projects
Report to Chief Executive Officer
Non-Profit Organisation - Reg. No. 2007 / 031080 / 08
B-BBEE level 1
Chris Daniel - Chief Executive Officer
Jeannine Ferreira - Board Member
SA Police Services - Masoyi and Kabokweni
Department of Environmental Affairs (DEDT)
Department of Education
Nataise Lowveld Trust