Let's Trade Goods - Teaching Our Children
My team and I have been working amongst other things, on this particular website called "Let's Trade Goods ". LTG is very close to our hearts and I think it will resonate with you as well.
This website is a combined effort of several amazing people that were brought together by fate and inspired by the universe. The team was set out to spread light and awareness and to change the morals and values of the world as a whole.
The site starts off by teaching children at a very young age ethical business life skills. The interactions on the site will give them the opportunity to offer their services/skills and used possessions in exchange for what they need. All happening with mom and dad not being far, and with our mascots guiding them along the way, while offering encouragement to think big!
This opportunity makes them feel free from what society expects and dictates, which is mostly expectations designed to inhibit their initiative, freedom, and destiny to grow as human beings.
Freedom these days come at a price. For that reason we introduce Safe Trade Zones and notice systems to make sure the children feel safe and that the parents know at all times what their children are trading! This will allow parents peace of mind to allow their children to trade!
There is an underlying sense of competition built on the website. It makes them explore and develop their skills, to be innovative and business orientated and competitive! Their trade status is very important!
We have new elements to introduce to Let’s Trade Goods in the near future as our aspirations are to change the world we live in. If we teach our children how to Rethink, Recycle, Reduce and to Reuse - we change the world!
Benefits of Trading!
A dedicated platform for Parents, learners, students, companies and NPOs/NGOs Countrywide!
- Traders learn basic business skills /ethics as well as values, morals, and manners.
- A safe environment and system for users to trade goods for what they want.
- Clever traders can start small businesses from a young age.
- Traders get free vouchers once they select and visit a Safe Trade Zone.
- Schools can obtain what they need without fundraising.
- Location exposure as registered businesses, NGO/NPOs, schools, and Safe Trade Zones are displayed on LTG's very own map!
- Schools have an LTG agent to assist them.
- Textbooks, uniforms, sports equipment, etc., can all be traded.
- LTG offers businesses and companies many marketing opportunities.
- LTG offers accessibility, communication and excellent exposure for all parties involved.
- It is a Safe, secure, educational & effective platform for Kids.
- The site uses mascots that encourage and set an example for other kids. The mascots also encourage entrepreneurship from a young age. See our “Share your success” Facebook Page!
Built-in Safety Features!
- Let’s Trade Goods has incorporated the use of Safe Trade Zones to provide a safe location in public where the exchange of goods can occur.
- Kids are encouraged to take a friend or a parent with to trade in a Safe Trade Zone.
- LTG has a strict Code of Conduct with consequences when broken.
- Parents are kept informed of their child’s activity on the website.
- Parents are alerted to each listing that is placed on the website via SMS or email.
- Parents are kept informed of what is being traded, where & when.
- A Filter is incorporated into the system to look for flagged words.
- Trader rating alerts to the integrity of the person you are dealing with.
Benefits for NGOs and NPOs
- LTG offers a database opportunity to NGO/NPOs, facilitating donations and trades.
- The site offers an opportunity to receive goods as listed on a wish list, through trading with other NPO/NGOs, companies and individuals.
- The site offers location details through an incorporated GOOGLE map.
- LTG offers accessibility, communication, and exposure for all parties involved.
- The system facilitates B-BBEE opportunities through the Earth’s Call Foundation.
- The site offers numerous marketing opportunities.
Benefits for Companies
- LTG offers a database opportunity to companies to facilitate donations to worthy causes.
- The site offers location details for NGOs/NPOs and schools through GOOGLE maps.
- Companies can trade among themselves.
- The site offers accessibility, communication and excellent exposure for all parties involved.
- The site facilitates B-BBEE opportunities through the Earth’s Call Foundation.
LTG offers many marketing opportunities such as:-
- Reaching greater share of a target market
- Free vouchers generate more customers and greater exposure, e.g. of a new product.
- Vouchers to purchase generate customers and more business.
- Adverts on the LTG site generate greater customer awareness.
Companies can market the LTG drive as a national campaign to include staff and customers
Benefits to Schools
- Exposure to donors businesses and NPO/NPOs on a database.
- Teachers will have less challenges.
- Rural schools will start to be innovative: Water and vegetables can be traded.
- Textbooks, uniforms & sports equipment etc can be traded.
- Schools can create and manage their own wish lists
- Being able to get what the school needs without unnecessary expenses.
- LTG is associated with the Earth’s Call Foundation, a Level 1 registered Section 18A B-BEE 100% SED Beneficiary.
- Location exposure.
- Schools will have an LTG agent to assist them.
- See Benefits to Learners & Students.
- See also School requirements.